Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Damn Baby.....

So I had been doing home care 10 years when I got pregnant with my 2nd child. You can imagine how difficult it was doing home care in the neighborhoods I was sometimes sent into. I had to climb rickety steps, was attacked by 2 dogs, and dealt with every smell imaginable in that 9 months.
One day I was going into a less desirable neighborhood to see a patient. I was 8 months pregnant and as big as a house. Well this patient had a gate that was broken. So to be able to get inside the fence and up the the house to see my patient I had to somehow scale this fence. I am not the most graceful person even on my best days so adding another 30+ pounds from the pregnancy and you can just imagine me trying to get over the fence. I struggled mightily for about 10 minutes before finally getting over the fence. The whole time the patients' nephew is sitting on the porch drinking a 40 ounce watching my struggle without comment. At this point I am sweaty and bitchy and really just want to go home. The patients nephew walks off the porch and proceeds to hop right over the gate. He then turns to me and says "Damn baby, I bet you look gooood when you aren't pregnant." I just looked at him, gathered up my remaining shred of dignity and waddled in to see his uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment